On 23 November 2017, Mr. Jer Buckley, representing the Irish National Flood Forum, addressed the Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach as they scrutinised the Flood Insurance Bill 2016 (brought to the house by Mr. Michael McGrath TD).
Statements were provided during Session 1 by:
- Mr Michael McGrath, TD
- Mr Jer Buckley, Irish National Flood Forum
- Mr Pat O’Connell, Cork Business Association
- Mr Paul Kavanagh, M.D. of McCarthy Insurance Brokers
Statements were provided during Session 2 by:
- Mr Kevin Thompson, Insurance Ireland
- Dr. Swenja Surminski, senior research fellow at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, which is part of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Session 3 saw the following TDs address the committee:
- Deputy Michael D’Arcy, Minister of State at the Departments of Finance and Public Expenditure and Reform
- Deputy Kevin Boxer Moran, Minister of State at the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
The video and a transcript covering the full session of the Committee is available here.